If you have not defined your job roles, go to the Curriculum & Registration link on the left side of the page, or click the link UCF Financials 9.2 Access and Training Matrix for a list of required and suggested webcourses.
FNV130 Financials Basic Navigation
This self-paced, online course, FNV130 – Financials Basic Navigation, is a prerequisite for all UCF Financials training. The course will teach you the basic concepts and terminology that you need to navigate your way through the UCF Financials system.In addition, you will learn how to do the following:
- Navigate UCF Financials
- Personalize UCF Financials
- Respond to the time-out message
- Create, edit, and delete favorites
- Search for data
- Understand system features
FCA131 Chart of Accounts
This self-paced, online training course, FCA131 – Chart of Accounts, will teach you about ChartFields, the foundation of the UCF Financials accounting system. You will learn how to do the following:
- Comply with UCF and federal guidelines pertaining to ethicsRecognize each ChartField
- Understand the elements that comprise each ChartField
- Navigate to the UCF Finance and Accounting website to obtain reference material
- Inquire on each ChartField
- Inquire on SpeedTypes
FAP130 Accounts Payable Inquiry
This self-paced, online training course will teach you the steps needed to inquire on payment information in UCF Financials. You will learn how to:
- Look up vouchers by vendor or invoice number
- Determine the entry or payment status of a voucher
- Obtain complete information about vouchers and payments
The course content is presented in a User Productivity Kit (UPK) format. This format uses animation to teach you the steps needed to perform a process.
FAP131 Accounts Payable Processing
This self-paced, online course is for Finance and Accounting employees only.
FAP132 AP Petty Cash Accounts
This self-paced, online training course will teach you the steps needed to set up, manage, and replenish a petty cash account and will teach you how petty cash can be used. You will learn the following:
What a petty cash account is used for at the University of Central Florida.
How to establish and manage a petty cash account.
How to maintain petty cash funds through reimbursement, replenishment, and account adjustment stages.
How to manage and adhere to reporting requirements.
FAM130 Asset Management Inquiry
This self-paced, online course, FAM130 – Asset Management Inquiry, will teach you how to search for an asset. In addition to learning the basic parameters to use in your search, you will learn how to do the following:
- Search for an asset by asset ID or tag number.
- Search for an asset by purchase order, voucher, or receipt number.
- Search for an asset by department or project.
- View basic asset information, including how an asset was acquired and its status.l
- Print information about an asset.
- Perform a cost history inquiry to view the history of an asset’s transactions and the details about a specific transaction.
FAM131 Property Custodian Training
This self-paced, online training course, FAM131 – Property Custodian Training, will teach you about online asset transfer requests and requests for lost/missing assets. You will learn how to do the following:
- Create an online asset transfer request
- Approve, deny, or put the asset transfer request on hold
- Create an online request for a lost/missing asset
- Approve, deny, or put the lost/missing request on hold
FCM130 Colors of Money
This self-paced, online course, FCM130: Colors of Money, is required once for all employees who have accounting, budget, or financial responsibilities. This includes employees with responsibilities for general department or project oversight, purchasing, payroll, and other administrative activities. It is open to the entire university and prior participants will have continued access to course materials.
This course will educate you about the university’s governance structure; annual state budget request and allocation processes; and statutes, regulations, and rules defining the appropriate use of state funds. In addition, you will learn about the following:
- UCF Board of Trustees (BOT) powers and duties
- State budget request process and timeline
- Florida statutes
- State university operating budgets and entities
- Different types of funding sources
- Required BOT approvals
FCM131 Expenditures 101
This self-paced, online course, FCM131: Expenditures 101, is required once for all employees who have accounting, budget, or financial responsibilities. This includes employees with responsibilities for general department or project oversight, purchasing, payroll, and other administrative activities. It is open to the entire university and prior participants will have continued access to course materials.
This course will educate you on the four budget entities that make up the university’s operating budget:
- Education and General (E&G)
- Contracts and Grants (C&G)
- Local Funds
You will also learn your role in ensuring that this money is handled properly and what you can do if you notice a problem.
NOTE: This webcourse has a mandatory prerequisite course, FCM130 Colors of Money, which is offered online at Webcourses@UCF. Please complete the online course before registering for FCM131 Expenditures 101.
FGL130 Budget and Journal Inquiry
This self-paced, online training course, FGL130 – Budget and Journal Inquiry, covers basic concepts relating to ledger, journal, and budget inquiries in UCF Financials as well as the details of department or project budgets, expenses, pre-encumbrances, and encumbrance amounts. You will learn how to do the following:
- Inquire on the available budget for a specific department or project
- Drill down to the Actuals ledger activity
- Inquire on journal entries and their status
The course content is presented using online modules and the interactive User Productivity Kit (UPK) format. This format uses simulations to teach you the steps needed to perform a process.
If you are an Accounts Payable processor, you must complete this course.
FGL131 Create and Upload Journals
This self-paced, online training course, FGL131 – Create and Upload Journals, covers creating, editing, budget checking, and submitting journals to the Oracle PeopleSoft Financials system. You will learn how to do the following:
- Create journal entries directly in the system.
- Edit any journals you create.
- Budget check and submit your journals for approval and posting.
- Use enhancements to the Offline Journal Template to create and upload a journal
- Understand workflow messages and notifications related to journals that arrive in your e-mail or worklist.
- Approve or deny a journal, and add applicable comments
FPO130 Purchasing Inquiry
This self-paced, online training course, FPO130 – Purchasing Inquiry, will guide you through the lookup functions applicable to every stage of the purchasing process in UCF Financials. You will learn how to do the following:
- Inquire on the status of requisitions and find out if they have been approved or sourced to a purchase order
- Locate purchase orders, determine the particular buyer handling the purchase order, view the expected delivery dates, and verify if receiving has occurred
- Find vendor information
FPO133 UCF Travel Guidelines
This self-paced, online course will teach you about the UCF Travel policies and procedures, based on the UCF Travel Manual. In this course, you will learn about:
- Create a travel requisition
- Complete the required travel forms
- Set aside funds for travel
- Book travel arrangements
- Prepare travel reimbursements
FPO134 ePro Requisitions
This self-paced, online course will teach you about the eProcurement (ePro) requisition process in UCF Financials. In addition to learning how to create and modify an ePro requisition, you will learn to:
- Explain and apply foundational knowledge of requisition elements and processes
- Manage requisitions
- Approve requisitions
- Receive goods and services purchased through requisitions
FPO135 PCard Training for Cardholders
This self-paced, online training course, FPO135, PCard Training for Cardholders, will teach you the policy and procedural information you will need to use the UCF Financials system efficiently and effectively within the scope of your daily responsibilities. You will learn how to do the following:
- Use the PCard to make purchases
- Resolve typical problems that may occur with a PCard
- Find help and additional information
FPO136 PCard Training for Approvers
This self-paced, online training course, FPO136, PCard Training for Approvers, will teach you how to approve PCard transactions. In addition, you will learn how to do the following:
- Locate a PCard holder’s charges
- Add comments to a charge
- Link charges to a purchase order
- Split transactions
- View Level Three transaction details
- Dispute a charge
PURUPA Unauthorized Procurement Actions
This self-paced, online training course will teach you what unauthorized procurement actions (UPAs) are and how to avoid committing them. This course is required for employees who wish to obtain purchase requisition create (PRC) or purchase requisition approve (PRA) access in UCF Financials.
UPAVIO Unauthorized Procurement Actions
Please do not enroll in this course through myUCF, as it is for UPA violators only. Enroll in PURUPA: Unauthorized Procurement Actions instead.
FRP130 Reporting Essentials
This self-paced, online training course, FRP130 – Reporting Essentials, illustrates the basics of Web reporting in UCF Financials. You will learn about the report managing mechanisms in UCF Financials. This course will teach you how to create and print online reports and to do the following:
- Inquire on activity with Query Viewer
- Schedule and run reports with Process Scheduler
- Run reports with PeopleSoft/nVision
- Retrieve and print reports with Report Manager
- Use Process Monitor to view the progress of your reports and processes
FRP131 Learning Query Basics
This self-paced, online training course, FRP131 – Learning Query Basics, will teach you how to search for queries using the Query Viewer. In addition to learning the basics of query searching, you will learn how to do the following:
- Use Wildcards
- Manage queries as favorites
- Use the Advanced Search link
- Extract query information
- Work with various operators
- Use prompts and criteria for searching
FSC111 Credit Card Info Security (Discontinued)
The FSC111 webcourse has been discontinued as of 2021. If you require Security Awareness training, please contact Thierry Lechler at Thierry.Lechler@ucf.edu.
FSC113 Red Flags – ID Theft Protection
In this self-paced, online training course, FSC113, Red Flags – ID Theft Prevention, you will learn how to identify and detect warning signs (or “Red Flags”) that signal possible identity theft. Should you encounter a Red Flag, the course will teach you how to respond appropriately to prevent and mitigate the identity theft. The course will do the following:
- Explain the Red Flags Rule as it applies to the University of Central Florida
- Tell how to identify Red Flags, such as suspicious documents or unusual account activities
- Teach you how to detect any Red Flags that you may encounter in your day-to-day business activities
- List steps you can take to help prevent and mitigate identity theft
FSC132 Enhanced DAL Training
This self-paced, online training course, FSC132 Enhanced DAL Training, will teach you how to inquire on the Departmental Authorization List (DAL) for employee authorizations as well as how to inquire on authorizations by department or project. You will learn how to complete the Employee Information section in the DAL, view a summary of an employee’s training, and verify if an ethics form has been submitted for the employee.
The course will show you how to add a new department or project to an employee and how to add employees to a department or project. Other topics covered in the course include activating and inactivating employees’ authorizations, using the Bulk Copy by Employee and by Department or Project features, and using Bulk Approval.